Greg Wobbe is the owner and founder of MPTX Associates, Inc. Since 2005 he has provided strategic planning, funding development, policy and technical advisory services to cities, counties, regional, state & federal agencies. Mr. Wobbe’s specializations include federal grant development and administration, project management, disaster recovery and hazard mitigation planning, emergency management and operations planning, floodplain administration, Benefit-Cost Analysis (BCA), and Geographic Information Systems (GIS), database, and mapping technology. Greg enjoys outdoor fitness activities, reading, and advanced policy research on the weekends/in his spare time.
CERTIFICATIONS & ASSOCIATIONS:
Certification – Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)
Board Member – South East Texas Groundwater Conservation District (SET-GCD)
Oregon Emergency Management Association (OEMA)
Natural Hazard Mitigation Association (NHMA)
Member – Texas Floodplain Management Association (TFMA)
Member – Louisiana Floodplain Management Association (LFMA)
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Master of Community and Regional Planning (2008). Department of Planning, Public Policy and Management; University of Oregon.
- advanced GIS
- project management
- strategic planning
- economic development
Bachelor of Science (1994). Department of Political Science; University of Oregon.
- strategic policy
- international relations
Since 2005 Greg has facilitated funding and managed more than $82 million in FEMA and HUD-CDBG-DR funded projects, including:
- Local and Regional Hazard Mitigation Action Plans (FEMA HMGP and PDM funded, 28 projects).
- Acquisition of Floodprone Properties and Preservation of Open Space (FEMA HMGP, FMA, SRL funded, 10 projects).
- Regional/Watershed Scale Stormwater Drainage Systems (FEMA HMGP and CDBG-DR funded).
- Residential Structure Elevation projects (FEMA HMGP funded).
- Wildfire Defensible Space and Fuels Reduction (FEMA HMGP funded).
- Emergency and Fire Response Equipment (HUD-CDBG and HMGP funded).
- Development of Community Wildfire Protection Plans (USDA Secure Rural Schools Title III, and FEMA HMGP funded).
Other projects current or planned include Hurricane Safe Room First Responder Facility, Emergency Generators, Historic Courthouse Preservation, and Seismic Rehabilitation scoping projects.